- you can name 150+ countries (Djibouti! Malta! Tuvalu!) but you have no idea who the House Majority whip is. (It’s gotta be a white dude, no? Hang on… Googling… Yep, white dude).
- you realize you don’t 100% know how the U.S. Supreme Court works. The International Criminal Court, though…
- you try to analyze whether presidential or parliamentary systems earn more golds, silvers, and bronzes, which makes you an absolute delight at Olympics watching parties.
- you can remember and explain most major multilateral trade agreements in the world and what they mean for the U.S., but you can’t remember how they get passed. Is it the Senate? Or is that for treaties? There’s just no way of knowing. It’s a Black Box.
- you think Americanists are just Comparativists with only one case to study.
Want to see the Americanist’s response? Check it out here!