Guys, we’re in single digits in our countdown to our next conference! Need reasons to be excited for SPSA next week? Here are five!
- It’s big and it’s legit, but it’s not TOO big and legit. If conferences were minor league baseball, SPSA would be AA.
- You’ve been stuck at home with your kids for way too long. The holidays are rough. It’s time to get out of dodge. We all need a break from winter break.
- It’s in New Orleans! I know, I know. It’s no Puerto Rico. But beignets, café au lait, and Bourbon Street? I’ll take it.
- There are some really cool papers being presented! The ones that piqued our interest include (but are NOT limited to): “Gender and Participation in the Classroom” (Gann, Henrickson – Thursday afternoon at 1:15), and “Man! I Feel Like a Woman: Socialization and Men’s Views of Women’s Issues” (not just because of the Shania Twain reference; Sentementes, Christiani – Thursday at 4:45), and “Rethinking Representation: The Case of Female Representatives and Contraceptive Access” (Allison – Friday at 4:45).
- The Poli Sci Bitches will be there! Try to spot us. We’ll be at the bar 99% of the time, possibly getting hit on. Can’t wait!