- You always forget how pretty the ceilings are in the Palmer House, but you NEVER forget how slow the elevators are.
- The discussions on Poli Sci Rumors about the best hookers in Chicago no longer shock or surprise you.
- Your entire trip to Chicago is filled with back-to-back cocktail hours with grad school friends, co-authors, former coworkers, current coworkers, and other “networking” opportunities. “Dry Second Half of April” is the Political Scientist version of “Dry January.”
- More than half of your events in #3 involve a woman and a man having drinks unsupervised. Mike Pence would not approve.
- And you’re officially a political scientist when you’ve graduated from starstruck grad student to confident scholar at the bar. Now you’re the one the grad students ask for career advice (while hitting on you).